I started just2us.com 3 years ago, using it as a avenue for me to share about my apps and development guides.
Over the last 3 years, I have been actively blogging at just2us.com, as there are lots to share. I have especially enjoyed writing development guides which help fellow developers, as well as being a bookmark for myself. Many times, I had googled for topic + just2us.com to recap my memories.
I wanted to keep that going, but I was constantly bothered by a few things.
- My WordPress template looks out-of-date after 3 years
- There isn’t a good & free WordPress editor for Mac
- I wish I can write in markdown or something
And so.. I decided to make a bold move and switch to Octopress. It is dubbed as
A blogging framework for hackers
It makes sense:
- Hacker prefers entirely static HTML, aka baked; it performs better than PHP + MySQL, and not hackable!
- Hacker prefers to write in markdown; it’s clear like code
Time will tell if it’s worth.